These orcs have been a joy from start to end. Their strange color scheme was wonderfully fun and the red flowers on the bases just add that cute little finishing pop of contrast that i love. I looked at the inspiration pic this morning and noticed i'd ended up with a slightly more blue tone on the skin but the specific turquoise blue tone was a bit more difficult and i do know that i was aiming that way, so with that in mind i'm still proud of the outcome.
I set up a new permanent photo booth this week and i thought i'd get some better pics of those spray painted trolls. I am still in love with the outcome, i can't get over how natural and real it looks.
I had constant trouble getting a pre existing break on the troll chieftan weapon to stay glued. I tried some gentle dremel work to re set the pummel but it wouldn't hold. I spoke to my client and i was told to aim for a hammer or club if i was to convert an alternative. I dug around in my bits box thinking i had some ogre kingdoms weapons but i couldn't find them. I decided to use some poundland skeleton ax heads and make a brutal ax. The main advantage of this conversion is that it weighs nothing at all, so it pins very securely and shouldn't break. I am however to hear from my client and i image it might be a bit to axe-ish. Luckilly it's easy to remove if it's not his cup of tea but i will forge on and paint it today and then i can get a proper opinion from my client. I have the utmost confidence that it's going to look brutally aproppriate when it's done.
SUBSCRIBE TO FOLLOW ALL UPDATES.
A blog for the w.i.p element of the EZPainter process.